Skip to main content

A User Guide To Working With Huong

 

Introduction

I write this user guide to help us (you and me) have a good collaboration at work. I hope you also share yours.

How I view success

  • We all feel passionate and happy at work.

  • We all enjoy discussing transparently.

  • We take it easy to give and receive feedback.

  • After all, we together develop and bring valuable applications to users.

How I communicate

  • I mostly prefer a face-to-face conversation.

  • Just leave me a message on Slack if you don't want to come to my desk.

  • For a big topic which takes more than 30 minutes, we should have a meeting.

  • Only send me emails only if stuff is very formal or out-of-office hours

Things I do that may annoy you

  • I do practice the Pomodoro technique so that sometimes you see me in the "do not disturb" mode.

  • Often to make things clear, I am at ease talking frankly with you.

What gains and loses my trust

  • It is easy to gain my trust when you commit to what you say. You show your passion and endeavors to achieve that.

  • It is easy to lose my trust when you don't focus on your work. You affirm what you haven’t experienced. For instance, you have never tested your implementation on the servers but you say you have done it.

My strengths

  • I know a good product is built by a well-collaborated team. I do care about teamwork.

  • My passion is to bring valuable products to users. I do care about both the technical and business of applications.

  • I motivate myself to expand my skill set every day to make better applications. I am a fast learner and my skills are wide.

  • I adopt the grit mindset. I believe I can solve most of the problems with my perseverance.

My growth areas

  • Development skills (Backend and Frontend)

    • After graduation, I began building enterprise web applications using Java as a primary programming language. For most of the projects, I used the JSF framework and Axon.ivy platform. I had nearly 5 years of experience in this field.

    • Currently, I am using JavaScript as my primary programming language. I enjoyed reading You Don’t Know JS.

    • In my spare time, I am also learning Android to develop my side projects.

  • Operation skills (DevOps)

    • I gained some fundamental knowledge about Computer Networks and Telecommunications such as operating systems, IP addresses, and security in the university as it is my major.

    • I have been working with some tools: Jenkins, Docker, OpenShift, AWS.

  • Soft skills:

    • I keep learning English for a good communication skill

    • I work together, observe, and grow my teammates to enhance my leadership skill.

    • I follow Buddhism (especially Zen/Thiền) as my philosophy. I believe everything in this world is connected. I no longer struggle to answer the kind of questions “Who am I? Why am I here?”. Some of my best friends are atheists, Protestants, and Catholics; we all feel happy when talking about our own beliefs.

  • Computer science

    • Architectural design: from the level of code to systems.

    • In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with some friends to take research and build side projects using facial technology (a field in Computer Vision).

    • Cryptography is also my interest. Currently, I also spend some time to build a pet called FIDO2 Authenticator.


References:

https://lg.substack.com/p/the-looking-glass-a-user-guide-to

https://roadmap.sh/

https://github.com/devradar/devradar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junit - Test fails on French or German string assertion

In my previous post about building a regex to check a text without special characters but allow German and French . I met a problem that the unit test works fine on my machine using Eclipse, but it was fail when running on Jenkins' build job. Here is my test: @Test public void shouldAllowFrenchAndGermanCharacters(){ String source = "ÄäÖöÜüß áÁàÀâÂéÉèÈêÊîÎçÇ"; assertFalse(SpecialCharactersUtils.isExistSpecialCharater(source)); } Production code: public static boolean isExistNotAllowedCharacters(String source){ Pattern regex = Pattern.compile("^[a-zA-Z_0-9_ÄäÖöÜüß áÁàÀâÂéÉèÈêÊîÎçÇ]*$"); Matcher matcher = regex.matcher(source); return !matcher.matches(); } The result likes the following: Failed tests: SpecialCharactersUtilsTest.shouldAllowFrenchAndGermanCharacters:32 null A guy from stackoverflow.com says: "This is probably due to the default encoding used for your Java source files. The ö in the string literal in the J...

4 Remarkable Notes for JSF Apps Using HTML5

In the previous post , I've already shared with you how my team consults clients by using a HTML prototype. This post is about the used technologies for reusing the provided HTML template and communicating with backend. What is the issue when using HTML elements with Primefaces components? Primefaces is a great extension for developing JSF web apps. However, it is really frustrating in case we have to make it work with an existing HTML template. Why? - Primefaces has its own theme for styling. - Primefaces changes the HTML structure. Therefore, that would be a huge effort to use the Primefaces' components to replicate the elements of the HTML template; especially it is impossible for images drawing by " canvas " tag. That requires us to find a better approach. Since Java EE 7 (introducing JSF 2.2 included), it supports to use HTML5 elements . The idea is that JSF components don't effect the style and HTML structure, so we can easily reuse the provided HTM...

My must-have apps for daily work

There is no doubt that cool apps can help us be more productive and enjoyable at work. For the time being, I really love the following apps which are used by me almost every day. 1. A personal Kanban In fact, a personal kanban is the most useful app for me. Why does it matter? It is not just a to-do list, but it keeps me motivated every day because it helps me be able to know what my "big picture" is. I usually set up my plans together with a path to reach them.  KanbanFlow  is my preferred tool. KanbanFlow 2. A terminal Needless to say, a terminal is a must-have app for every developer, especially the ones use macOS/Linux. Due to its importance, I love to decorate and enhance it to be super exciting with various tools such as  iTerm ,  oh-my- zsh , and  thefuck . ;) iTerm + oh-my-zsh 3. A documentation "ecosystem" As a developer, I can not remember all things that I have experimented a day. Moreover, a document is really useful for sharing an...

Performance of a Data Structure

Why data structures matter The fact is that programs are all about processing data. Data structures are referred to how data is organized which affects the time of executing a program. How to measure the performance of a data structure In order to measure "how fast"/efficiency/performance of a data structure, we measure the performance of its operations. There are four basic operations including reading , searching , insertion , and deletion . A pure time consuming is not used for the measuring because it is not reliable depending on the hardware that it is run on. But instead, we use the term time complexity which refers to how many steps an operation takes. An example of how a single rule can affect efficiency Let's compare two data structures: Array and Set (with N elements). 1. Array - Reading : 1 step (because the computer has the ability to jump to any particular index in the array) - Searching : N steps (the worst case with linear search) - Inserti...

BarcampSaigon 2015

Barcamp Saigon is one of my most expected events of the year. This year, it took place at RMIT university. As usual, it brought many useful topics to the community. Here is all topics that I have attended. Scale it! - Lars Jankowfsky Lars is founder of 8bitrockr.com How do we make a decision correctly? It is hard to know that until we try and measure it. He gave an example about how good an app was. And, most of people thought that the app with nice user interfaces is good at the first look. But it is not correct because it is only true until we try to use it, even the nice GUI app sometime is not good at UX, functionalities, etc. The key of success for working in team is collaboration. We can not only base on the experience of members likes: "In my opinions| As I know.... this is the best way..bla..bla.." but we should test it. Therefore, manually testing as well as automation testing is more and more necessary nowadays. "Don't think, just try...