Skip to main content

Daily Meetings - Coordinate and Communicate Every Day


Using daily meetings for frequent course corrections. However, you should keep the meeting short because time is burn rate.
Though good collaboration doesn't guarantee a project's success, poor collaboration almost always guarantees a project's failure
What benefits does the daily meeting bring to you?

- Keeps inexperienced developers and experienced ones on-track.
- Avoids reinventing the wheel.
- Limits tumbleweed developers' damage.
- Leverages the entire team’s experience to solve problems quickly.
- Improves team communication.
- Helps every people have a big-picture
point of view.

Who are tumbleweed developers?

We’ve all worked with a few tumbleweed developers. These developers lose direction and drift through their days. They wade through the random code and “improve” it, cleaning up method signatures, polishing algorithms, and reformatting brackets. Tumbleweed developers lack the discipline to finish any task you ask them to do and generally cause more harm than good.

Tumbleweed developers will retool your algorithms for speed, but their changes cause the code to generate wrong results. They’ll spend hours reformatting code to suit their preferences. Tumbleweeds have a collection of habits that they practice because it’s the “right thing” to do.

(I all cited the above fun description from the reference book below) 


Reference
[1]. Jared R. Richardson &  William A. Gwaltney Jr. | Ship It! A Practical Guide to Successful Software Projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Remarkable Notes for JSF Apps Using HTML5

In the previous post , I've already shared with you how my team consults clients by using a HTML prototype. This post is about the used technologies for reusing the provided HTML template and communicating with backend. What is the issue when using HTML elements with Primefaces components? Primefaces is a great extension for developing JSF web apps. However, it is really frustrating in case we have to make it work with an existing HTML template. Why? - Primefaces has its own theme for styling. - Primefaces changes the HTML structure. Therefore, that would be a huge effort to use the Primefaces' components to replicate the elements of the HTML template; especially it is impossible for images drawing by " canvas " tag. That requires us to find a better approach. Since Java EE 7 (introducing JSF 2.2 included), it supports to use HTML5 elements . The idea is that JSF components don't effect the style and HTML structure, so we can easily reuse the provided HTM...

Multiple Inheritance of State and Implementation

Today, I was just curious about why an enum can not extend anything else. I took a look on the Oracle document here , and I found the answer is below: "All enums implicitly extend java.lang.Enum. Because a class can only extend one parent (see Declaring Classes), the Java language does not support multiple inheritance of state (see Multiple Inheritance of State, Implementation, and Type), and therefore an enum cannot extend anything else." I have been learned of it before. But, wait a sec...! Why Java does not support multiple inheritance of state? Since I have worked with other programming languages like C++, I was able to make a class extend some other classes. The short answer is to avoid the issues of multiple inheritance of state .  I wonder if other programming languages have these below terms but Java does. Multiple inheritance of state It is the ability to inherit fields from multiple classes. There is a problem and Java avoids it. "For exa...

Automating deployment and managing apps on OpenShift

Previously, we maintained OpenShift templates for deploying apps in development environments as well as delivering these templates to our customers for their on-prem deployment. Customers who refer to our templates (as well as documentation) have their own configuration management tools to automate the deployment such as ArgoCD and FluxCD. My son's buildings Our developers usually modify templates (YAML) directly on OpenShift for testing and then adjust the corresponding templates stored in the Git repository in Bitbucket. This sometimes causes an issue that delivered templates are incorrect because: - Developers forget to update the templates in Git repositories. - Developers don’t test the templates Therefore, our goal was to integrate a tool into our CI/CD that can automate and manage the configuration of OpenShift apps. The delivered templates should be the ones that are able to run on our OpenShift with the following purposes: - Automate deployment from templated in Git repos...

My must-have apps for daily work

There is no doubt that cool apps can help us be more productive and enjoyable at work. For the time being, I really love the following apps which are used by me almost every day. 1. A personal Kanban In fact, a personal kanban is the most useful app for me. Why does it matter? It is not just a to-do list, but it keeps me motivated every day because it helps me be able to know what my "big picture" is. I usually set up my plans together with a path to reach them.  KanbanFlow  is my preferred tool. KanbanFlow 2. A terminal Needless to say, a terminal is a must-have app for every developer, especially the ones use macOS/Linux. Due to its importance, I love to decorate and enhance it to be super exciting with various tools such as  iTerm ,  oh-my- zsh , and  thefuck . ;) iTerm + oh-my-zsh 3. A documentation "ecosystem" As a developer, I can not remember all things that I have experimented a day. Moreover, a document is really useful for sharing an...

How I did customize "rasa-nlu-trainer" as my own tool

Check out my implementation here Background I wanted to have a tool for human beings to classify intents and extract entities of texts which were obtained from a raw dataset such as Rocket.chat's conversation, Maluuba Frames or  here . Then, the output (labeled texts) could be consumed by an NLU tool such as Rasa NLU. rasa-nlu-trainer was a potential one which I didn't need to build an app from scratch. However, I needed to add more of my own features to fulfill my needs. They were: 1. Loading/displaying raw texts stored by a database such as MongoDB 2. Manually labeling intents and entities for the loaded texts 3. Persisting labeled texts into the database I firstly did look up what rasa-nlu-trainer 's technologies were used in order to see how to implement my mentioned features. At first glance rasa-nlu-trainer was bootstrapped with Create React App. Create React App is a tool to create a React app with no build configuration, as it said. This too...